Sunny days at the pool, picnics in the park, festive family barbeques. Your summer fun calendar is full of great warm-weather activities, but sometimes you’re looking for something just a little bit different. Luckily for Stapleton residents and visitors, there is a wealth of unique family fun waiting to be discovered minutes from home.
Bed Cinema: The World’s Most Comfortable Movie Night
Old school drive-in movies are a classic summertime treat. This season, you can enjoy the outdoor cinema while relaxing in the comfort of a cushy bed. The Bed Cinema heads to Runway 35 Park (Yosemite St.) for four consecutive nights in August.
- More than 150 beds, complete with pillows, blankets, and lighted bedside tables, will be offered for $50 (a bed for 2 persons) or $60-$70 (sized for 3-4 moviegoers). Food trucks will be available and the popcorn is free!
- Enjoy Will Ferrell in “Anchorman” on August 15; the cult classic “Mean Girls” on August 16; Michael J. Fox in the original “Back to the Future” on August 17; and comics superhero flick “Captain Marvel” on August 18.
Go Down on the Farm for Family Fun
For a unique and fun family outing, look no further than The Urban Farm at Stapleton (10200 Smith Rd.) Explore the farm grounds and visit with the animal inhabitants; you’ll find an array of horses, cattle, goats, sheep, ducks, miniature horses, a donkey, and a potbelly pig. The kids can enjoy the children’s garden and playhouses and might give the old-fashioned tire swings a whirl. Check out the farm Marketplace, where you can bring home some fresh free-range chicken and duck eggs, lamb or some local honey.
Open to the public for self-guided tours Mon.-Thurs. and Sat., 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Admission is $5.00 (under 2 years of age is free).
Classes and Party Rentals:
- Looking for a cool new birthday party idea? Check out Gather at the Farm for information on the Farmers for a Day and Farm Tales party themes and space rentals.
- Plenty of available kid fun: equestrian classes for tots through teens, a 4H program and summer camps.
Upcoming special events for Summer 2019:
- August 3, 2019: Free day and ice cream social from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., $1.00 a scoop.
- September 22, 2019: Farm Fest 2019. No charge for self-guided tours or entry to the farm. A full-day annual benefit event for the farm with crafts, games, face painting. Cash only BBQ, beer and wine.
Food, Fun, and Foosball
Punch Bowl Social Stapleton (3120 North Uinta St.) is a self-described industrial chic “fun factory”. We challenge you to be bored in this hot new gastropub/entertainment mecca.
- The 14,000 square foot patio features an 18 hole Putt Club mini golf course decked out in mid-century modern aviation décor. They’ve thought of everything: each hole features a convenient drink holder.
- Indoors, you’ll find a vintage arcade, karaoke, eight bowling lanes, ping pong, giant Scrabble, and foosball, as well as a collection of board games, card games and a giant Jenga.
- Enjoy microbrews and creative cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages (German Chocolate Egg Cream, Strawberry Rhubarb Fizz) and locally roasted coffee drinks.
- The southern-inspired menu includes shareable plates like green chorizo fries and classic buffalo wings; a variety of tacos (including shrimp, pork belly and chile braised brisket); a superfood grain bowl, burgers, chicken and waffles and falafel. A unique weekend brunch menu includes duck confit huevos and monkey bread French toast.
Open Mon.-Wed., 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Thurs. 11 a.m. to 12 a.m., Fri. 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., Sat. 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. and Sun. 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Find More Family Fun in Stapleton
Find your dream home in Stapleton or one of the other many wonderful Denver neighborhoods. Contact Dyllan Real Estate and follow Dyllan Nguyen at #DenverDyllan.