Whether you’re brand new to Denver or have been living here for your entire life, there’s never been a better time to get out there and enjoy the best of Denver street art. Over the last decade, our city has gone from the occasional scrubbed-away graffiti to being dubbed the Street Art Capital of the Country.
Viewing our world-renowned street art is not only a safe and fun activity no matter the weather, but it’s also a great (and inexpensive!) way to enjoy the city and immerse yourself in our vibrant arts and culture scene.
Why Denver Street Art?
Denver’s street art adds rich textures to our city.
The colors change drab exteriors into masterpieces and turn unremarkable strolls into stimulating scavenger hunts. Great street art has the power to transform rundown areas into vibrant communities (and even lower crime!) (Scenic Suitcase)
While it’s true that you may wind up stumbling across a piece or two in the course of your time here, there’s no way you can rely on coincidence to do the heavy lifting for you. To see the best pieces, you’ll have to set some time aside and be intentional about it.
But rest assured: it’s worth it.
Denver’s street art:
- Represents freedom and creativity
- Offers a window into the city’s personality
- Allows us to experience unique perspectives on history and culture
- Can facilitate connections across racial, cultural, generational, and gender lines
- Supports local artists and creators
If you’re going to make time to view our local street art, you’ll want to set aside convenient times to do so.
When and How to View Denver Street Art
Fortunately, there’s almost never a bad time to view Denver’s best street art. Because so much of it is public and freely visible from sidewalk and street alike, it can be enjoyed rain or shine.
That being said, we know you’re busy people with schedules and lives.
If you’re not sure when you’ll have time to take in some of Denver’s best street art, here are a few methods we suggest.
- Plan alternate routes home from work. While our current commutes are set to maximize time, we may find that just a slight change to our favorite routes could take us through somewhere like the RiNo Art District.
- Infuse your weekends with art. Many of us use the weekends to catch up on housework, chores, and errands. These are necessary elements to thriving as a person. However, considering how much value art brings to our lives, it’s worth it to set aside time every month or so to dedicate to enrichment. Take a half-day on Saturday or Sunday to track down some public art, stroll through the local neighborhood that houses it, and perhaps even take in coffee or brunch at a local café.
- Plan virtually. Thanks to online maps offering us local street views, we can catch a preview of Denver’s best public art offerings from the comfort of our own homes. If you know your time to take in public art is limited, use this method to narrow down your top choices. Once you’ve selected a favorite, plan your visit!
Where’s the Best Denver Street Art?
Given the nature and scope of all our city has to offer, choosing “the best” Denver street art isn’t really possible. This is especially true if you take into account the subjective nature of art itself and the fact that beauty is often in the eye of the beholder.
Most of us would struggle to make a definitive list.
A few places you shouldn’t miss, however, would be:
- RiNo Art District
- East Colfax
- The Art District on Santa Fe
- Confluence Park
- South Broadway
One thing we can say for sure is that for lovers of public art, Denver has plenty of good stuff to offer.
Get out there, enjoy, and find your favorites!
Supporting the Arts
Here at Denver Dyllan Real Estate, we love supporting the local arts scene. Join us in getting out there, celebrating our city’s unique artists, and staying connected to all that makes Denver great.